Monday, March 11, 2013

Branching Out




My installation "Free Forms"  created with found objects is currently at the Feminine Aesthetics exhibition, curated by Elizabeth Ashe Douglas at 709 Gallery, downtown Pittsburgh through March 31, 2013. The wire breast piece is part of  antique dress mannequin that was almost lost to me when it was lifted (by accident?) by my landlord and her janitors, who had decided to help me "clean up" my studio; the wonderful dried palm skeleton was found on the streets of Miami after a storm while I was vacationing. I dug the wooden barn blocks from the earth at a salvage site in Pennsylvania. My intentions: create a bond between disproportionate matter while channeling Asian experiences. Above, a page from the exhibit's catalog. For one review of the work, click here.


No comments:

Post a Comment