Monday, January 10, 2011

My Festive Life

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjWHWRp-c0ipvYa_IDXwahdymGEZ3sAkgeH_Pu7EpQeIbsxigOuE_6bLdbAN95rwG0oqWO9LYGYi7ZdWeny9fvMcHz72oHWW9jczCUj7xlzBC1d6eYOCpUF46plvY7tvsWTVQAGGlHK-zg/s1600/Geek+art+logo+no+text.jpg
I never thought I'd do a festival again! After five years with East Liberty Alive (which later became E-fest) and 20+ years of promotions between Kaufmann's, KQV, WDVE, KDKA, ELPC, ELDI, EDGE and others, I thought I'd settle down on the bench of grateful obscurity. I wasn't really looking for any more big projects. But it wasn't to be. I made one serendipitous error: I shot off my mouth at a  meeting, which is usually how you get a "job" you didn't ask for. And as we all know, once the call is made, when the people are great and cause is good, and when the potential coolness looks just too good to pass up--you will find yourself wanting to join the fray all over again. Never mind that you don't make a decent wage, or get a good night sleep, or even (some days) remember your name. It's all for one thing--The Arts! I've dedicated my life to it, and I've been blessed to work with people who have that same dedication. And we're making the magic happen again. This is the second year of the Geek Art/Green Innovators Festival, of which I am honored to be the Director. To understand just visit the GA/GI Blog...wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment